okay, after reading scene 7, all i can say is EEEEWWW! that was totally nasty! i cant believe Cornwall really took out Gloucester's eyeballs and stepped on them! that poor old man! he was just trying to help and look where it got him! well atleast the servants were nice enough to bandage him up before he left. As for Lear, omg i feel so bad for the poor guy, but i gotta say he is ALOT funnier now. Its hilarious how he put Regan and Goneril on a mock trial and Edgar was the judge! but the poor guy is seriously going CRAZY! I kinda sorta wish that Edgar had revealed himself to his father but he didnt. I hope that Gloucester lives long enough to realize that old Tom is really his son and maybe Edgar will take care of him before he dies. Sadly though, this is a tragedy and i doubt itll happen. As for Regan and Goneril, i hope they die and rot in the deepest pit of hell. I really wanna know where Cordelia is during all of this? I thought Kent said that she had written him and said that she had a plan but so far nothing. I really liked her and the french guy. I really like Kent too..he's sticking by the king and being a motherly figure to him by telling him to lie down and to get out of the rain and stuff...hmmmmm maybe he does have homosexual feelings toward lear...hmm Luke and Anna, i think you guys must have been on to something! haha! so i wasnt sure if we're suppose to include a quote in here so im gonna do it anyway, the third servant said this at the end of scene 7, "If she live long,/ And in the end meet the old course of death,/ Women will all turn monsters." The translated version of this is, "If she lives a long and happy life, then all women may as well turn into monsters."
I love that line cuz its soo true! like if goneril seriously does not get her punishment for being so cruel then im sooooo gonna go turn into a bad girl myself! Shes done all this horrid stuff to not only her father but to others too and so far she hasnt been punished at all. Come on Shakespeare, dont fail me now!
No comments:
Post a Comment