Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cry, the Beloved Coutry Part 2

Let me just start off by saying this, WHOOOOOOOPPPPIE!!!!!!! IMM DDOOOOOOOONNNNNNEEEE!! YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!

ok now to the book...so I gotta say, it was atleast better than Pride and Prejudice.. actually way better. I dont know if I liked any of the characters except Kumalo and Msimangu. Those two just seemed kinda immune to all the stupidness that that city inflicted on everybody else. There was one quote that really spoke to me in this book, it was while Kumalo is on the mountaintop thinking about something Msimangu said, "I have one great fear in my heart, that one day when they turn to loving they will find we are turned to hating." can i just say that that quote is SO TRUE!!! throughout the whole book alot of the problems would have just been solved if everyone would get along but the white people are to stupid to let that happen! when they realize what theyre doing is wrong it is gonna be too late and the blacks will attack the whites! anyway the book ended quite nicely...i kinda wish that Gertrude wouldnt have left and that the son didnt die but it all worked out. I also loved the fact that they hired someone to help them refertilize the land...

No comments:

Post a Comment