Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pride and Prejudice 2

HALLELUJAH! I'm done! So I'm not sure why soo many people love this book. It was painfully slow and just plain boring, but i have to say I'm proud of myself for sticking through it and finishing it. Everyone and everything had a happy ending but I wouldn't of minded if someone died or something either. It was just soo boring! Hopefully the movie's better. The one thing I did somewhat enjoy about this book was what Mr. Darcy did for Elizabeth. Now that is love. It was sweet but it could've been condensed to like three pages. I loved how he wrote her a letter explaining everything and then when they met again at Longbourn he said, "did it soon make you think better of me? Did you, on reading it, give any credit to its contents?" That was probably my favorite part of the book because after that the book started coming to an end. Oh, and because Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy confessed their love for each other and became engaged.

9 comments:

  1. I am considering throwing you out of the class because you don't love this book....
    just kidding! :)
    But... to give you an idea of how much I love this book-- I own three copies, three movie versions, and I named my 1st car Mr. Bingley and my current car is named Mr. Darcy.
    Judge away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow im speechless...thats quite an addiction...i take it pride and prejudice is like your version of twilight

    ReplyDelete
  3. No..I can't...I don't...you did not just compare Pride and Prejudice to Twilight! Mr.Darcy can take a sparkling vampire any day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with luke!! i CANT believe you did that simran. and i have yet to read the book, but i can definitely say i love the movies. you saying how boring it is though makes me reconsider whether i should read it or not...and isn't darcy sweet!??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simran How dare you!! Mr. Darcy is NOT stupid!! He is definitely the coolest most awesomest guy EVER!!!!
    Luke. you just made my day! :)
    oh! and me and my mom have an addiction to this too! we own four versions of this movie and are trying to track down the fifth. We've seen it but don't own it yet... :(. I'm pretty sure my love of this book came from my grandma and aunt watching the A&E version of the movie every sunday after church! haha but yeah. it's great! Simran how we are friends i will never know! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has anyone seen "Lost in Austen?" It's fantastic. Hilarious, lovely, and fantastic.
    But to make my comment worthy of credit, I have to say perhaps, Suse, you should read it again? I enjoyed it even more the second time! Maybe that's what it's going to take for you to like this book... because I honestly don't see how anyone could hate this book. It's a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books that end happily and this one sounds like it does! I'm a little hesitant to read it though since it sounds like it takes a while to get to the point of the story, maybe I will just watch the movie...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paxton, i warn you DO NOT READ IT! i seriously wanted to claw my eyes out at some point! like i seriously can not believe that sooo many people love this book! like i have no idea what they found interesting in this book at all!!! it is a mystery to me...but yea dont read it...oh and Mr. Bingley in the movie is butt ugly...he looks like edward from twilight

    ReplyDelete